Friday, January 20, 2012

Culinary Conquests from Pinterest

Good Afternoon and Happy Friday!  After my vent yesterday, I am feeling much better...thanks for listening.  Unfortunately,  Ella has a double ear infection. Fortunately, she has taken two doses of her antibiotics and appears to be showing improvement.  Still fussy, but not as angry.  Poor thing, just don't think she knew what to do with herself...I feel bad we didn't realize it was ear infections. I just hope she's on the road to recovery.

 One thing I am upset about is having to miss my friend Ashley's baby shower on Sunday.  I was suppose to head to Roswell tomorrow morning and spend the weekend celebrating Ashley and Dave's baby girl who will be arriving in April, but we decided I would quite possibly be classified as a crazy person if I tried to make the 4.5 hr drive to Atlanta with Ella being so under the weather and cranky.  Plus, she needs to be at home recovering in her own element.  Got to get her well.  I just really wanted to see Ashley pregnant AND see the the wonderful Pinterest worthy decorations Lindsey has done for the shower...apparently she went all out and I was dying to see it!  She promised to send pictures, so I'm looking forward to those!

Speaking of Pinterest I've been trying to stay true to my New Year's resolution and have made several dishes I "pinned" from the site.  Thought I'd post 5 of our favorites for you with the link how to make them.  All are relatively easy and delicious!  I really do love to cook, but sometimes it can be overwhelming trying to do it when I have to keep an eye on Ella too.  But, I'm improving!  Hope one or two of these recipes strikes your fancy and you will be inspired to try them out too!  I saved the best recipe for last so don't forget to check them all out!! Have a great weekend!



Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Really good, pretty easy.  We put it on our keep list...
 http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/03/slow-cooker-jambalaya.html


Homemade Ranch Dressing

 Homemade Ranch Dressing-- Delicious, Easy, and NO MSG--which you often find in Ranch Dressings.  We are a strictly no MSG at out house, so this was exciting find!!  102 calories per serving/ 3 weight watchers points...if you are keeping track.
http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/archives/1419



Strawberry Feta Salad--Light and refreshing.  Dressing has blend of vinegarettes and a hint of honey.  Delicious and 10 minutes or less!
 http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Strawberry-And-Feta-Salad-Allrecipes.

Weight Watchers Summer Corn, Bacon, and Potato Chowder
Weight Watchers Summer Corn, Bacon, and Potato Chowder.  Yummy and Easy.  Pair with cornbread...we ate this the night of the College Football National Championship!  It's delish!
http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=105291

Strawberry Balsamic Pizza with chicken, sweet onion, and applewood smoked bacon

Drum Roll please...my new favorite pizza... Strawberry Balsamic Pizza with chicken, sweet onion, and applewood smoked bacon...YUM!!  You must try this.  Easy and I'm obsessed! I substituted a Publix ready made crust and it was still delicious and precooked (recipe calls for you to buy dough, roll out, and cook).  Saved me some time!
http://thecafesucrefarine.blogspot.com/2011/07/strawberry-balsamic-pizza-with-chicken.html

1 comment: