Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good News!

I went back to the doctor today to check on my subchorionic hemorrhage.  Wouldn't you know,  that little sucker healed completely in 7 weeks!!  We were very excited and relieved.  I have been cleared to resume my normal life, including picking up Ella when needed.  Cheers to that!  Very grateful that our prayers have been answered.  I know that these hemorrhages are rather common, but it is a scary reality when the doctor tells you that if it does not heal, you could lose your viable and healthy baby.  So we rejoice tonight in our good news!  And, Baby #2 looked great today on the sonogram.  Heart rate 154 and we saw our little alien looking baby and his/her 2 arms and 2 legs!  It's always a blessing to see those little limbs.  This baby looked very calm and peaceful moving his/her little hands and feet.  When we peaked in on Ella at 12 weeks she was moving and flipping around everywhere!  The doctor commented on her being one of the more active babies she had ever seem.  I think that Ella's sonogram pretty much correlated with Ella's personality.  While we love Ella dearly and wouldn't change a thing about her, but a laid back sibling to "compliment" her personality would be a huge benefit!  Families work well with multiple dynamics and personalities!

I mentioned earlier that I have popped early this pregnancy (see exhibit A above). I am 12 weeks and 4 days...and very preggo looking.  I keep telling myself, personal trainer 6 weeks after baby comes, personal trainer... I half jokingly, half seriously asked the sonogram tech to double check that there wasn't a hidden twin in there poking my belly out some more.  She confirmed just 1 baby and reminded me that you show more with your second.  No joke!!!  I went back and looked at some pictures of Ella's pregnancy.  I am officially the same size now that I was at 5 months with Ella.  I'm not posting those pictures b/c for some reason we took those with the belly fully exposed and I don't want them on the web...even though I share most of my life with you on this blog...but still....  I think I'm kind of conservative in that regard or maybe if I knew I looked amazing I'd be more apt to do it...can't say that's the way I'm feeling at the moment.  Please don't think if you post belly pics I'm judging you because I'm not...just don't want to showcase my stomach.  It's me, not you.  Anyhoo, the good news is baby looks great and hemorrhage is healed.  To God be the Glory!  :)   We feel very blessed that the Baby is doing so well crazy start and all.  We remain grateful for competent and cautious doctors and continued positive news. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look of the blog! And that is such a sweet picture of pregnant you- is it weird that I kinda want a copy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for ya'll! I had subchorionic bleeding as well which was very scary. I can certainly sympathize with you!

    ReplyDelete