I think we all have guilty pleasures, I certainly do. I love Bravo TV, celebrity gossip, AND... The Bachelor. I've spent many years grappling with why the heck do I like the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise? I spend like 11 weeks twice a year watching *mostly* (there are a few exceptions) a total trainwreck of men and women who can be described as nothing short of hot-messes only to have them break up 2 weeks after filming is over. I mean, what's the point...seriously??The point is this, It's 2hrs a week that I can sit and enjoy something so mindless that it's actually refreshing. Everyone needs time to unwind and the Bachelor does that for me. While this show won't make me any smarter, it sure provides me with entertainment! If I wasn't pregnant, I'd be enjoying this season with a large glass of red wine, shaking my head about how in the world ABC comes up with the people on this show, and secretly wishing I could be a fly on the wall to see if any of this is real. This season I'll have to settle for a mug of Sleepy Time Tea!
One of my dearest friends from growing up, Cristin Kimbrell Kirbo, is a freelance writer and writes a very enjoyable blog called Kirbyourenthousiasm. It's a witty blog filled with anecdotes and life lessons and a lot of humor too. My favorite part of her blog is the Bachelor/Bachelorette recap she always posts the day after the latest episode. If you are a Bachelor
So here's to guilty pleasures, whatever yours may be!! They're the things we are most embarrassed to admit, but can't get enough of. Hope yours help you unwind and de-stress as much as mine do!
You hit the nail on the head - it's my guilty pleasure as well :)
ReplyDeleteKris!! I am so flattered!! Bachelor lovers unite!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your blog and Laurin's are my absolute favorite ways to spend my time online!!
Love you:)!!