Saturday was a BIG day for us! Brent made breakfast...eggs, bacon, and biscuits. We turned on the Christmas music and enjoyed a quiet morning. At noon we headed to see Santa. Ella was not a fan of Santa. She sat for a second checking him out, then the lip went out, then the waterworks started. She was scared of him :( I decided just to pick her up and head out...no need to be terrified of Santa. Here's the on the verge of the meltdown pic. Maybe next year? But, I'm not holding my breath. It looked like all the children 2 and under were not feeling Santa. Even though the experience wasn't great, she still looked really sweet with Santa! And yeah...looking back, Santa did look a little scary...poor Ella!After our visit with Santa, we headed into the mall chaos to go to Party City to get Ella's birthday party decorations. The mall was a ZOO. I do most of my shopping online to avoid malls and this was a reminder of why I go that route!! But, we got all the decoration and I think it's going to be so CUTE!! Can't wait to see everything put together. She will be 1 in 5 days!!!
After Party City, we spent the next 2 hours at Jos A Bank getting Brent a new wardrobe. For those of you who know Brent, you know that getting him in a mall/store is a challenge. He'll wear the clothes he has until they literally have holes or are frayed. But, even he realized that he HAD to get new clothes. He came home Friday and said that he heard on the radio that Jos A Bank had buy 1 get 2 free. So, we decided to check it out. Ella is totally awesome--She slept the first hour we were in there, then the second hour she sat in her stroller checking everything out!! I love how she almost always comes through when we need her to! Brent got some really nice clothes that fit really well. I made the salesman measure sizes exactly so his clothes would fit just right. He got a very
'sharp', grown-up wardrobe. We got a pretty good deal considering all he got!
`````We went home for a couple of hours then headed to the Savannah Civic center to watch The Madeline Walker School of Coastal Ballet's presentation of the Nutcracker. Our family friend, Ella Murns, was in the performance and she did a spectacular job and looked so beautiful. Our Ella ABSOLUTELY loved the ballet. She was sitting on the edge of Brent's lap holding on to the chair in front of her totally consumed by the ballet. She was hollering with joy and clapping up a storm. We've never seen her more happy. Brent had to move with her to the back corner to curb some of the noise from her excitement. I could turn around and see her sweet little face and see that she was completely enthralled by the show. I hope this means she'll be a ballerina! I think ballet is so beautiful and elegant. Hopefully someday. The ballet school starts at age 3...so maybe in a couple of years. Ella cheered her heart out and passed out with ten minutes left in the performance. Our friend, Carey, got a cute picture of her passed out with Big Ella the Star Ballerina. That was the only picture we got from the event. It was our favorite memory of Ella to date because she was so ecstatic. I'm so glad we made the decision to go...it was great exposure for Ella. We never would have imagined that she would love it so much!
Sunday we went to church and our friend George came with us! We were so glad he decided to come and it was great to catch up with him. After, we ate a yummy lunch at The Crystal Beer Parlor and headed home. Ella took a 3 hour nap so we were able to get some housework done! Overall it was a busy and wonderful weekend filled with Christmas cheer. We are starting to feel more and more at home in Savannah and are so pleased that we made the decision to come here.
We're gearing up for a BUSY week...Ella's Birthday is Saturday and there is still lots to do! Can't believe she's going to be 1!!! More to come :)
I'm pretty sure I would've have cried too if I had to sit in that Santa's lap- smart girl Ella!
ReplyDelete