I had a wonderful 28th Birthday!!!! Thanks to all of you who made my day special. Whether it was phone calls, texts, facebook posts, or helping me celebrate in person-- everyone made me feel very loved! Ella had a a pretty happy weekend (except when we attempted to take her to church). She actually let Brent and I have an adult dinner at Gloria's on Friday night where we talked and enjoyed a margarita. She slept the whole time. We came home and watched the rest of Season 1 of Glee (I am obsessed) and had cake. Ella gave me a precious card that she "signed"...well actually Brent signed it for her...some of the letters were written backwards like a little kid would do. It was very cute. They also gave me a gift card to Anthropologie! They know Mommy loves to shop. Saturday was another low key day. My friend Misty had us over for dinner and we got to enjoy hanging out with some wonderful friends! Ella is a lucky little baby (and I'm a lucky mama)...my friends carried her around and kept her happy the whole night. They are like "baby whisperers"-- she was so content! Mommy and Daddy even got to relax a little :)
Sunday we attempted to take Ella to church for the first time. She had been fairly calm and not really colicky this weekend, so we thought it was the time to try it out. I think we were too cocky. It was a no go. We carried her in to the church in her carrier and sat it in the seat between us. Everyone was staring at her and telling us what an adorable baby she was. We said thank you as her eyes grew bigger and bigger. All of the sudden, the choir belted out a tune and church began. This is when Ella freaked out and started screaming and crying. We promptly removed her from the church and tried to calm her. Well...she couldn't get herself composed, so we left. As we left, Brent said, "God knows, we tried." Yeah, God knew we tried. He also knows Miss Ella Grace and probably knew we didn't stand a chance of making it through the service. But, at least we tried...that was the good thing. We are going to have to work with Ella to turn her into a good church goer...I wish she would have looked around at all the quiet babies around her and followed suit. But, I don't think Ella's going to be a follower...she already has that "leader" personality even at two months. So, we are going to have to convince her that church is fun and that there are lots of things to look around at and pretty music to hear. I'll keep you updated.
After we left church, we met my friend Misty for brunch at La Duni...so yummy. Ella was as silent as a mouse as she slept in her carrier. She didn't make a peep. We were wondering why she couldn't have done that at church. Oh well, better luck next time, right? There was one good thing did come out of our attempt to take her to church- she got to wear one of her church dresses and take some picture in it. She looked adorable. We're hoping next go round is more successful and that we can stay longer than 5 minutes...fingers crossed!!

Dear Ella,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry church didn't go so well for you. I wanted you to know that your mom told me the BEST news today! She told me you were going to come to my house and play!! I am just so excited to meet you. It's ok if you cry at my house but trust me, the people you are about to meet are FUN and I hope you'll want to join in the laughter. See you in 16 days!!
Love,
Lindsey
I love that Brent said, "God knows we tried!" She looks precious in her church clothes!
ReplyDeleteLinds!! I read Ella your post and she cannot wait to meet you too. We can't wait to see your house and to spend time with her Auntie Linds!! Only 15 days now. Cannot wait. P.S. thanks for encouraging me to do this blog...I'm really enjoy it!! Love you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCris...Thanks! Yeah, Brent was funny!! She had the church clothes rockin the church look...just couldn't make it through the service!! :) Love you!!