
Brent's 28th Birthday was Saturday! Ella ran a fever the night before from her shots, but was up and at 'em feeling great the next day. She wasn't going to let vaccinations get in the way of celebrating. We had a great weekend. Brent's parents (Mimi and Papa) also decided to come last minute for Brent's birthday! They arrived Saturday around lunch. We ate some great food...for you Dallas people...The Porch and Breadwinners! We grilled out too...Eddie grilled some delicious steaks...my mouth is watering just thinking about them. I know it was a special weekend for Brent with everyone here and a new milestone...his first Birthday as a Daddy!! Ella gave him an adorable card, a picture frame, and a coffee mug with her pictures on it (we are still waiting for it to arrive). Of course, she picked all the gifts out herself :) All in all, it was a laid back weekend of visiting, celebrating, and, of course, making over Ella!!
It may have been Brent's Birthday, but Ella was the true star of the show. I don't think her Mimi and Papa could be anymore proud. They held her and loved on her the entire time. Here's the best part...she didn't really have any colic spells this weekend. This was a true miracle...We'll have to get their secret. Brent and I were laughing after they left. We've decided we are not sure if she has colic or just wants to be held at all times in a certain position and when she wants to change position you better do it...Or else. Lucky for her, Mimi and Papa were willing to do WHATEVER it takes to make her happy! She is definitely one loved little baby. I know she enjoyed spending time with her grandparents. We have such joy in knowing how loved she is by both of them. I have no doubt that they will spoil her rotten!!
Things have changed A LOT with Baby Ella around. Even Birthdays seem less about "you" and more about her...but Brent didn't seem to mind at all. I think Brent's best Birthday gift was being able to hold his little girl and see the gummy smile on her sweet face. The icing on the cake...having the people he loved around him!


What a sweet family photo, Kris!! You all look great:)
ReplyDelete