Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nap Time Re-Vamp

pointing at her crib...ready for her nap!
One of the ways Ella has most surprised us since she turned 1 is a change in her sleeping patterns.  She's really re-vamped this area for the better!  If you've been a loyal follower from day one, you most likely remember me agonizing worrying over the fact that Ella didn't take naps and was so hard to put to sleep.  I'm happy to report that this has changed for the better!  Totally a true story...Brent thought I was making it up until he saw it first hand...but this is how nap time goes at our house now:


10:00 a.m.-- sometimes 10:15 a.m.

Me:  "Ella, I think it's time to take a nap."

Ella:  Quickly puts down whatever she is playing with and makes a beeline to her room and points to her crib.

Me: "Let's change your diaper really quickly"

{change diaper}

{place Ella in her crib}

Ella:  Grabs her dog lovey and lays down for a nap.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!  You just don't know how I struggled getting  her to nap the first 8-10 months of her life. This just blows me away and makes me do an imaginary victory lap every time the above scenario happens.  She sleeps from 10-12 which is excellent because she has chosen to discontinue any semblance of an afternoon nap.  Hey, I'll take what I can get.

Bedtime is equally as pleasant.  A short couple minutes of rocking.  Lay her down.  Goodnight, love you, kiss, lovey.  And exit.  She is asleep from 7:30 to 6:30/7:00!  Alleluia!  All this sleeping has made me realize how much we are going to miss our sleep come July when it will start all over again.  We better rest up.

Luckily Laura Smith has graciously given me a book that contains a system that she used to help get her little Henry on a schedule.  He was practically sleeping through the night at a month!  It's called Mom's on Call...  Fingers crossed I have the strength to stick to it. This time I'm going to be much more diligent in setting a strict routine.  I can't do things like I did with Ella because there just won't be time with two kids under two to take care of!  Wish us luck.

So uninterrupted sleep in the Herrin House has been restored---for now.  And it feels great.  Way to go Bells... Mommy and Daddy Thank You!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is amazing! Please pass any tips this way:)

    ReplyDelete