This is going to be a long one...It's been a couple of weeks since I caught up...where to start?? Let's see...two weeks back, Brent's parents came for a visit! They watched Ella while we did some major "de-cluttering" and packing. We just de-cluttered when we moved from Dallas, but I realized there was so much more we could get rid of. I am donating 20-30 pairs of shoes...we are selling almost all our furniture...and I have finally decided to relinquish all my size 0 clothes I have held on to since college. Gone are the days of a size 0...I think I like food too much to be there ever there again. So, any way, we weeded out and packed boxes while Ella spent time with Mimi and Papa. It was a win-win for all of us. Ella always has so much fun with them. Around 4 o'clock Saturday the stomach flu set in for yours truly. I have had my flu shot, but learned that it does not protect against the stomach flu...ugh. I spent Saturday evening feeling pretty miserable...I'll spare you the details. And Sunday morning wasn't too much better. Julie offered to take Ella for a few days so I could recover which was very thoughtful of her. We were headed to Atlanta on Wednesday to explore job opportunities any way and Dublin is on the way...so we could just swing by and get her then. I knew this was what needed to happen, but this was the first time I had packed Ella with a suitcase and sent her off for a few days!! I obviously knew that Mimi and Papa would take exceptional care of her and that she would have so much fun...but me, on the other hand, I was going to miss my little buddy!! But, in the end, we let her go. As she got in the car, she just kind of stared at us unfazed. When I got in the house, I started bawling. I'm pretty sure Brent was teary eyed too. I mean, everything revolves around Ella in our house until 7:30 each night. When she's gone, it's just not the same. So, we ordered Chili's take-out, ate dinner in a silent house, and watched TV. I felt like we were in the twilight zone that first night. And I learned that Ella makes a lot of noise because it was SO quiet!
Monday night and Tuesday night were relaxing. Dinner dates out, conversation, TV, and bed. It was nice to be able to engage in some adult conversation...especially since we are undergoing some major life changes. But, at the end of the day, one thing is for sure-- We are definitely a family of THREE now. We missed our third member a lot and were so excited to pick her up from Mimi and Papa off the first exit in Dublin. We knew Ella had a fabulous time with Mimi and Papa and were grateful for the mini-vacation from parenting!! I know they spoiled her rotten and she loved all the fun they had. Not sure what Mimi and Papa did, but she is now sleeping in until 7:30 or 8:00 every morning and we are thrilled...they'll have to share their secret with us!! Below are a couple of pictures Papa sent during the week...I know she was having a blast! Thanks again, Mimi an Papa!
Her new toy...her own indoor play gym
|
Bath time in the big girl tub!
|
We arrived in Roswell around 10 Wednesday night. Despite being exhausted, Ella perked right up at the sound of Nana's voice. She was up until midnight spending time with Nana. I guess some nights it's okay that the schedule goes out the window (on RARE occasions that is). After Nana finally got Ella to bed, Brent and I passed out. The next day he went for a working interview at a potential employer's office. He spent the entire day there where he was given mixed messages about what this particular dentist was looking for. At first he wanted an associate, then he told Brent he didn't know if he could bring one on. I'm sure he had the best of intentions, but Brent missed an entire days pay to come and work in his office, so that was disheartening to say the least. I'm learning that this is not an easy process. There are ups and downs, highs and lows, victories and disappointments. Needless to say, Brent was frustrated, but optimistic that one of his other possibilities would pan out. Ella, Nana, and I enjoyed spending time together Thursday while Brent was at work. We had lunch at McAlister's and I was more than thrilled to eat my favorite menu item-- the veggie pita!! Below is a picture of Ella playing in Izzy's dog bed. Izzy is my mom's Jack Russel Terrior. Ella is obsessed with sitting in that bed and running around with it on her head. This is a terrific idea until she falls because her eyes are covered by the bed and becomes very upset. We spend a lot of time taking it off her head needless to say.
Ella drinking in Izzy's bed
|
This girl can eat and Nana always makes
sure she has TONS of food to pick from
|
Friday morning Brent, Ella, and I headed over to East Cobb to look at a potential practice that is for sale. It's very large and in a good location. We are hoping that it may be the place for us! Any East Cobb friends-- any names of neighborhoods and good schools would be greatly appreciated. Ella took a nap and after her nap we went with Nana out to lunch. That evening, we got to meet up with our dear college friends!! Laura and Kyle and NEW BABY Henry, Newly Engaged Scott and Allison, and Newlyweds (by 7 months) Cooper and Erin met us at Felinni's Pizza in Buckhead. It was a perfect atmosphere for babies and catching up. It was awesome to meet Henry. Here's SO precious, sweet, and perfect!! I can't wait to get my hands on him again...hopefully SOON!! We so enjoyed the time we had with our lovely friends and it made us all the more excited about the fun to come in Atlanta. Ella had a huge crush on Scott...we had to break it to her on the car ride home that he was marrying Allison. She seemed to accept this fact...but insisted so would never share her goldfish or bottle with Allison..j/k! She loved Allison too. All the girls were so sweet to give Ella so much attention!
Henry and the Girls...Allison, K & Ella, Laura & Henry, Erin
|
Saturday was a crazy busy day. I went shopping with Erin Fitz and Ashley to get ready for a shower we are throwing this weekend for our dear friends Jenny and Trey who are having a baby boy this spring. While we were party planning, Brent met with a dentist who is wanting to sell her practice (she is the one we are really keeping our fingers crossed will work out in East Cobb). The girls and I ate lunch and planned at California Pizza Kitchen while Ella stayed home with Uncle Jason and Nana. I think the shower is going to be awesome and it was so fun planning it with such fun friends. Yet another reason we are thrilled to be closer to Atlanta. Er made these silverware holder ensembles...it's just a sample of some of the shower decor...don't they look great??
Isn't Erin crafty??
|
After shopping, Jason, Brent, and I headed to Kennestone Hospital in Marietta for the hardest part of the visit. Our Dear Granny was hospitalized for sepsis (an infection in the blood stream) and was in the ICU and moved to the HICU Saturday. Originally she was expected to be be discharged Saturday, but her condition was not improving. She has fluid on her lungs and is in need of 24/7 oxygen. When we visited with her, she was not able to talk as she was very weak and in pain. It is is difficult to see her like this. She is a faithful, Christian woman and anticipates the day she can meet Jesus in heaven and be with Pappy again... healthy and happy. It is hard to see her in this condition and we pray that she makes a recovery if it is in God's will. If not, we pray that she passes peacefully to the glory of heaven. We love her very much. We also got to spend some time with my Dad at the hospital and it was nice to see him even though it wasn't the best circumstances.
Saturday evening we headed back to Roswell for dinner at the famous El Jinete. I'm pretty jealous that I didn't get to have their margaritas, but I'd never do a single thing to hurt this precious cargo I'm carrying, so margaritas are an absolute no way!! Jason, Mom, and Brent enjoyed a pitcher and I got to play DD. Ella enjoyed her Mexican dinner as usual and spent the second half of dinner playing with her Nana and walking around the restaurant. She got pretty restless. The sweet waitress knows us from all the years we've been going there was shocked I wasn't drinking margaritas and said, "You no drink tonight??" with a puzzled expression. Last pregnancy I was in Dallas so she didn't witness my abstaining that go aroundu. Maybe this is a sign that I've had one too many margaritas there!! We told her no and that I was pregnant. She brought me a virgin margarita on the house and said..."Now you fit in with them!" I thought that was very thoughtful. We had a fun dinner and enjoyed great conversation with the people we love.
Sunday we headed back to Savannah around noon, but not before Nana took Ella to Target and bought her two balls and a stuffed monkey. The grandparents so spoil Ella. But, I don't blame them. Ella gets so happy when she gets a new toy!!! Our trip back wasn't Ella's best, but it wasn't the worst either. She went from being fussy to sleeping to happy to fussy. Nana put a bag of toys and books next to her for the ride. She had fun pulling everything out. At one point she got out a book and started "reading" it aloud. LOL!! She cracks us up. I love how she loves her books so much!! The picture is priceless.
Reading and Riding
|
We got home around 4:30 just in time to get ready to have our friends Ashley and Ben Wanager and Caitlin George over to watch the Superbowl. Ella enjoyed meeting Caitlin and spending time with Ashley! They are so sweet to her. We had some good laughs and it was great to spend the night with great friends. We will miss them when we move :( We all agreed that Madonna's half time show was really good--and I'm hoping the Ella didn't see M.I.A. flick off the camera...I don't think she noticed! Ella finally retired around 8:30 and everyone else left around 9:00. Brent and I finished watching the game and were happy the Giants won. I'm not a Tom Brady fan--and was especially turned off to hear that his wife, Giselle, had thrown the team under the bus after losing. Some people are just tacky and she's one of them.
Sorry...this was a long one. Next one will be much shorter, I promise. Just needed to make sure I got everything documented!! What a busy couple of weeks. We continue to pray that we will end up where we are suppose to be. We are learning to have patience and faith without ceasing and know that it will all work out. In the meantime...these verses and words of wisdom I found on Pinterest have been a visual reminder to help keep perspective
Always my go to verse :)
|
This makes me feel so incredibly peaceful
|





I love you, sweet friend! You always have such an amazing outlook. Keep your chin up! I have no doubt that good and wonderful things are headed y'all's way!! XOXO!!
ReplyDelete