Thursday, February 16, 2012

Jenny and Trey's Baby Shower

Our attempt at a festive Pinterest baby clothesline!
Last weekend we traveled to Atlanta to celebrate the upcoming arrival of one of my best college friend's baby! Erin, Ashley S, and I hosted a couples shower for Jenny and Trey.  Their BABY BOY will be arriving at the end of March.  Jenny looked fabulous as always and was glowing!  Jenny and I met in college freshman year and became instant friends.  We did everything together and you would rarely see one of us without the other!  It's crazy to think that we are those same two girls that would stay out into the wee hours of morning having pokey sticks and dance parties.  I think we'd both go into the category of old and married now!  Lol!  It was great to dedicate a night to celebrating such a monumental occasion. Jenny's husband, Trey, happens to be one of the nicest and most sincere guys I've ever met and I know they will be amazing parents to Baby Boy Long (they aren't revealing his name yet and are deciding between two names...can't wait to find out).

Lauren, Ashley, Jenny, Me, Erin, Elizabeth, Ashley
I can't forget to mention how fun it was to plan, set-up, and decorate with the other hostesses, Erin and Ashley.  We kind of took our visions of the night and congealed them into a party that was both fun and still celebrated the upcoming arrival of a baby.  You always worry when you're throwing an event if everyone will have fun or that everything will come together, but everything went off without a hitch.  It was super fun for me because I NEVER get to see all the college girls.  I've missed out on so many wedding and baby showers, dinner parties, birthday parties, and engagement parties living in Augusta, Dallas, and Savannah that I almost always feel left out (not because they don't include me, just because I can never make it).  It was nice to be a part of the celebration for a change!  It was so great to spend some time with my friends and their boyfriends/husbands.  Three of us are pregnant right now, so that's always fun.  What a special night with special people!  Can't wait to meet Baby Long when he arrives!

All the guests wrote a special message to Baby in Goodnight Moon

Erin's silverware sets...we had barbecue, homemade mac-and-cheese,
baked beans, cole-slaw, and cornbread for the meal

Our little wine station

Awesome carrot cake made by Sweet Mrs. Fitz!

She made some delicious cookies too...I had 2 in addition
 to a piece of cake!

Dessert Station

Clothes line of baby gifts and photos of Jenny and Trey
as babies

Hydrageas

Me, Jenny, Mary Catherine

Stuart, Brent, Trey, Taylor, Brian

This was the wrapping job by Uncle Taylor, Trey's Brother!!
It was awesome.  Had to include a pic.

Expectant parents~ Jenny and Trey

The Three Preggos- Ashley-Due in April, Jenny-Due in March,
& Me- Due in July!



1 comment:

  1. Y'all did an amazing job- the shower was perfect and we had so much fun! Love you!

    ReplyDelete