Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Incoming......

Ella has four incoming teeth.  Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, but 4!!  One tooth alone is enough to make her miserable, but four is just too much.  She won't eat her solid food and chews her thumb all day long to put pressure on her gums.  She won't take the frozen teething rings we got her and she'll barely chew on Sophie her teething giraffe.  It's rough.  Teething was one of the things I didn't realize was going to be so tough before I had Ella.  But, it is and it goes on FOREVER!!  Poor thing.  To top it all off, she's been battling a ear infection and a sinus infection.  Her Mother's Morning Out cold turned out to be a sinus infection that turned into a nasty ear infection.  We hate to see her in pain, but she keeps on smiling (aside from a few tears here and there).  Can't believe that little smile will have four top teeth to go with the bottom two very soon.  She's just turning into a little person right before our very eyes!  But one question-- seriously, how long do babies teeth???  Any tips on how to help besides tylenol/advil and teething rings/toys??  Brent said we just have to ride it out...and I totally trust his advice--since he's a pediatric dentist and all-- but didn't know there was any old wives tale remedy that could help us out.  Don't worry, I'm not going to try to cast a spell on her teeth or anything...just thought someone might have something that really works.  If you read this, I would love to hear your suggestions.  In the mean time, I hope those incoming teeth find their way down soon so Ella will get back to eating.

On another note, Ella went in for her 9 month "well" check up Friday.  Obviously she wasn't "well"due to the fact she was sick-- but here are her stats:  Weight 55%, Height 70%, Head 88% (big head, big brain, right??).  She met her new pediatrician, Dr. Ben-- he is wonderful.  He grew up in East Cobb near where I did in Roswell and is an avid UGA fan.  I think we're going to get along great.  He showed me his "personal" office which had Georgia memorabilia galore...he said we had to brainwash her into being a UGA fan early.  I told him I didn't think that would be a problem especially with her daddy's influence!  I thought she was going to escape this visit without a shot, but alas, it's flu season so she had to get a flu shot.  Maybe we'll have a shot free visit one of these days!  Aside from the ear/sinus infection, everything looked great.  We are so very fortunate that Ella continues to be a healthy and happy baby!

Chewing on that thumb...all day long



1 comment: