It's official...first Mother's Morning Out (MMO) cold. It only took a week. We knew this was coming at some point soon with all the exposure she's getting to new germs and drool. Luckily this is just a cold, but it's the first time Ella's ever been sick. One of the benefits of me staying home with her all this time is that she didn't get sick. However, I think we've officially been initiated into MMO and this cold is the verification. Ella sounds kind of like Darth Vader as she breathes out of her mouth. Her nose is dripping with snot. When she cries you hear the gurgling sound of her post nasal drip---too much info, but true! No fever though. She went to bed at her usual bedtime last night, about 8:15. By 10:15 she was back awake and hysterical. I think she was having trouble breathing. Poor little thing looked so pitiful as her lower lip quivered :( She cried for about 15 minutes and snorted and snotted. Then, she was happy and smiling. I got a picture of her playing with her cold-mist frog humidifier. This child LOVES to play...even when she's sick!!
So, frog humidifier-- check, Boogie Wipes--check, a couple of hours of rocking in the chair keeping her up-right...check. Let me stop for a minute here...Boogie Wipes, you say? Yeah, this was something I never knew about before I was a mom. Basically, Boogie Wipes come in packages kind of like diaper wipes. They are wet with saline solution and extremely soft and gentle on the skin. If you wipe your nose with Boogie Wipes, you can avoid that raw, dry irritation you get around your nose during a cold. I think adults should use them too. Couldn't you picture an office with everyone sitting around with packs of Boogie Wipes on their desks when that office head cold hits?? They smell pretty good too...Ella's are Fresh Scent, but you can choose from a couple of other scents too.
Anyway, she eventually fell asleep for good around 12:30 and I was able to put her down in her bed to sleep. I couldn't sleep though because I was busy listening to the monitor to make sure she wasn't wheezing or not breathing. I've gotten much more laid back as she gets older, but bedtime and making sure she's breathing still makes me concerned from time to time...especially when she's was so stuffy. She was fine when she awoke in the morning. Still stuffy, but on the mend.
I guess germs and viruses come along with the MMO territory. I thought about the socialization and the independence she'd gain from MMO, but forgot that she'd be in a germ breeding ground. Hopefully it gets her immune system up and running...in the mean time...pass me a Boogie Wipe and feel better soon, Ella!
| Last night, playing with her frog humidifier...I promise she was sick! |
No comments:
Post a Comment