Four Month Check-Up: Ella had her four month check-up about a week ago! She was in the 55% for weight and 75% for height. She has met all of her milestones--except for rolling over. She can do it, but she HATES tummy time. The doctor told me not to worry about it...but we're still working with her to get her to roll from tummy to back....it's a challenge!! She's only done it four times (and Brent wasn't here to see it...sad face). Other than that, she cooing, laughing, grabbing. kicking, smiling, reaching, holding--all those wonderful baby verbs! We've been giving her a bottle at night to help her sleep better. She use to sleep through the night, but lately she's waking up around 3:00 a.m. hungry. The formula is thicker on her stomach and helps her make it to 6:00 a.m. I have to brag a second... She is so stinkin' cute when she takes her bottle. She holds it with both hands and tries to put it in her mouth herself. Of course she misses and it goes in her nose or eye...but it is PRECIOUS to watch her try. She's so determined and you can tell that she really thinks she helping out by feeding herself. The look on her face is like, "Stand back guys, I've got this"! Such a cutie! Back to the appointment- Dr. Curtis said she looks "so healthy" and is just "too cute". It's always such a relief to know that she's doing so well. We're always amazed that coming four weeks early didn't slow her down at all--but that's our Ella!!
Ella the Socialite: Ella has done her share of socializing lately. Last week I took her up to my school, Dallas Academy. The ladies in the office watched her for me while I volunteered in the classroom. It was so sweet of them!! They said that Ella had a wonderful time smiling and laughing as she met new people. They told me that she loved the men. We laugh about this because she loves men!! I guess it's cause she has such a good daddy :)
Another day, I went out to lunch with some of my former co-workers and she did great again...she just sat quietly and smiled and looked around. My friend, Lisa, has an adorable almost 1 year old little boy, Jacob. Ella was fascinated by Jacob (he is awfully cute) and I caught her staring at him several times!! I think she wanted some tips on how to sit up on your own, eat your own food, hold your head up so well...all the things he had mastered. She was really amazed by him. This is a good thing...we say that Ella and Jacob are going to get married--so I'm glad she liked him!! Wonder what she will think of her arranged marriage...I kid!
Ella's First Easter: Easter morning, Ella awoke to an Easter basket full of goodies. Not sure she was that into it, but we were. She got some interactive little toys, books, and pajamas. It was fun to make an Easter basket...I can only imagine how great it will be when she actually understands what is going on and can do things like hunt for eggs!!
After the basket presentation, we headed to church. Ella looked so precious in her Easter dress and we had our fingers crossed that she would do really well in church since it was Easter Sunday!! Well, even the resurrection of our Savior couldn't make Ella hold it together in church. There is something about church that throws her into an immediate tailspin. I know we need to put her in the nursery...but I'm being a little OCD and don't want her to get sick--- even though deep down I know she'd be just fine. Brent took her out when she started crying and I stayed for the sermon. Easter makes me think about how blessed I truly am. We have Ella and she's happy and healthy. When you think about God sacrificing his only Son for your sins...it's truly mind blowing. We could never sacrifice Ella--I think we'd both lay down our lives for her---but could never imagine sacrificing her for all the sins of the world. It really makes you think about God's deep love for us.
After church, we headed home for pictures. Ella was not in one of her better posing moods, but we got a couple of good ones. Ella went down for a nap, Brent studied, and I got ready for lunch. We had a wonderful Easter lunch/supper at our friends' Misty and Chad's house. The weather was gorgeous and they have an awesome backyard. We spent the day outside talking and enjoying good company. It was a fabulous day. We are so blessed to have made friends that are like family!! We really appreciate their generous hospitality.
Unfortunately, the night ended with my camera falling out of the diaper bag into a pile of leaves when we were loading the car. The next day I discovered it was missing and called Misty to ask her to look for it. She couldn't find it anywhere. Well, yesterday it was found....when Chad accidentally ran over it. The green camera case had blended in with the leaves and they didn't see it. It clearly hit the leaves instead of the ground, so we didn't hear it drop. I think it's a goner...but, the memory stick still works so at least we didn't loose Ella's First Easter pictures!! Yay for that!
Time is flying---I know I say this everytime, but it really is. Ella is maturing so fast--it's just such a blessing to watch her evolve from a tiny baby, to a little person. She's got SOOO much personality. We just can't get over it. She still has her fussy moments, but all in all, she's becoming more and more delightful everyday.
We've got a lot coming up around here: Brent takes Boards Tuesday, Brent graduates May 20th...then has one month of residency left (weird how they do graduation before the end of residency), pack up the house, say good-bye to some truly amazing friends, and gear up for a new life waiting for us back in GA!! Stay tuned!
![]() |
| Playing after bath time! |
![]() |
| Watching my baby Einstein mobile and eating my hand |
![]() |
| Easter with my Daddy! |
![]() |
| Easter with my Mommy! |
![]() |
| Easter up close! |
![]() |
| Easter seated--this was a sweet little dress! |
![]() |
| Playing with my toys! |
![]() |
| Ready for night night...don't worry she doesn't sleep with the blanket and lovey...she likes to hold them b/c they soothe her |








What precious pictures! Glad you all had a nice Easter! I love Ella's Easter dress:)
ReplyDelete