I get all my recipes from Pinterest. For lent I decided to give up Pinterest...gasp... and it's been tough. But, I figure if Jesus can die on the cross for me, I can take a breather from building my imaginary "keep dreaming" closet and designing my Barbie dream house for 40 days. Being off Pinterest has freed up a lot more time than I realized...after Easter I'm going to have to pace myself when I return. SO any way, I made the stipulation that I could access my recipe pinboard throughout lent, I just can't pin anything I find on my favorite Tumblr sites OR look at what my friends or anyone for that matter are pinning...I'm keeping it strictly professional a.k.a. access to my online cookbook. Below are some of the recipes I've tried lately. I've been so exhausted that I forgot to take picture of a couple of the last ones...but they were yummy so I wanted to make sure to include them anyway!
Wendy's Copycat Chili-- I had been looking for a yummy keeper Chili recipe. This was definitely delicious. This chili is loaded with fiber and pretty much tastes like Chili's, but a little thicker. We thoroughly enjoyed it.
Recipe Link: http://sistersstuff.blogspot.com/2010/04/wendys-chili.html
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff-- EASY, EASY, EASY and very delish! Took 10 minutes to throw all the ingredients in the crookpot to cook for 8 hours and all I had to do was boil some water and cook the egg noodles and throw it on top. Great busy person/family recipe. I would say to double for enough for a family!
Recipe Link: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Beef-Stroganoff-I/Detail.aspx
CPK Barbecue Chicken Pizza-- This was really tasty. I bought the crust instead of making my own like the recipe suggested. Little short cut for the busy person!! We really enjoy it. Can't beat CPK pizza!!
Recipe Link: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/03/cpks-bbq-chicken-pizza/
Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks: Warning..the picture below so ugly...I cooked the cheese too long and the cheese melted out...oops. BUT, I had to put it on here, because they were soooo good and definitely worth a try!! Just warm up some marina and dip. Easy, delicious, and the "skinny" version of Mozzarella Sticks. Yes please. Ella really liked these! I promise they are better than they look!!
Recipe Link: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/skinny-baked-mozzarella-sticks.html
The rest are some recipes I totally forgot to take picture for, but we both really liked them. All worth trying out!!
From the blog Things I Tell My Sister (aka my blogging bestie, Laurin's blog) I tried these two recipes! They were both AWESOME!
Cooking Light's Italian Sausage Soup-- Quick, easy, and delicious
Recipe Link: http://thingsitellmysister.com/2012/02/13/because-mondays-are-busy-enough
Guacamole-- I had been looking for a good guac recipe for a while and she posted this one day and made it the next day. It's delicious and easy--- Double the recipe for a bigger serving!!
Recipe Link: http://thingsitellmysister.com/2012/02/23/i-have-dance-parties-in-my-living-room/
OTHER RECIPES...
Avocado Chicken Salad-- Fun twist on traditional chicken salad! Great change of pace!
Recipe Link: http://becomingbetty.blogspot.com/2011/09/avocado-chicken-salad.html
Buffalo Chicken Chowder-- A buffalo wing chowder. Very MANLY soup. Rich, creamy, and filling. Great cold winter day soup!
Recipe Link: http://www.closetcooking.com/2011/11/buffalo-chicken-chowder.html
Hope one or some of these recipes strike your fancy! Bon Apetit! Until next time
--Wanna Be Betty Crooker




That buffalo chicken chowder sounds awesome, I'm definitely going to try that!
ReplyDeleteI repinned and tested out the garlic brown sugar chicken. It was delicious! I look forward to your recipe pinning after lent!
ReplyDelete