Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Not so Happening Halloween...

Well, Ella's First Halloween was sort of a bust.  She spent the afternoon at the doctor being treated for her second ear infection in 6 weeks AND getting her flu shot booster.  By 4 o'clock she was quite a mess and not up for much of anything except for  crying.  We didn't blame her :( We were suppose to dress her up and take her over to her friend Hudson's house.  They were going to take some pictures together and spend some time playing while we got to socialize with his parents (and our good friends) Jen and Matt.  Well, it was a great plan in theory, but didn't work out.  Ella cried from 4-6:30 when she promptly passed out from pure exhaustion.  Poor thing.  We hate seeing her sick.  We did put her in her Tinkerbell costume for 10 minutes and attempted to get a couple of pictures for the baby book.  I'll post what I have below.  All I can say is I hope next Halloween goes better.  We didn't even take Ella to a pumpkin patch this fall!!  I've been looking at all the adorable pumpkin patch pictures people posted on Facebook and can't help but feel guilty for not taking her.  It's just we've been either out of town, in town with visitors, or on the go...it just never seemed like we had any time this fall...Halloween snuck up on us!  I guess we need a Halloween re-do next year...we'll go to the pumpkin patch, take a hayride, carve a pumpkin, be well on Halloween, and wear the costume for more than 10 minutes...that's the goal at least.  Looks like we'll have some time to prepare since it is like 356 days away! On a positive note, she made the cutest Tinkerbell for those 10 minutes and she was a trooper considering how poorly she felt--she was a sweet little Tink!!

So, back to these ear infections.  The doctor and I are pretty certain that Mother's Morning Out is the culprit.  So, Ella is out for November and possibly the remainder of the year.  We have been back to the doctor TWICE since Halloween.  That makes 3 times in nine days.  I really enjoy the time I have to myself Tuesdays and Thursdays...but Ella being sick is totally not worth it.  So, as much as we both LOVE MMO, I think it's time to throw in the towel.  She may go back at the beginning of January...but more than likely not-- unless she gets a huge immune system boost.  The doctor said she may do better in a year or so.  In the meantime, I hope she finally gets well...she's been so pitiful :( 

Other than that,  Ella is growing like a weed and can stand on her own without holding on to anything for like 20 seconds.  We wonder if she's going to be walking by her first birthday--we think she will. She's learned a couple of new tricks like copying sounds and words you say...like dada, mama, baba..it's so cute...she's like a little echo.  Then she'll want you to copy the sounds she makes!  Brent discovered this "copycat game" and she LOVES it.  We're trying to get a video, but I swear she's camera shy.  She totally won't do it in front of the camera.  We're having so much fun with her right now and can't believe her 1st Birthday is only a little over a month away.  Where has the time gone??  One thing is for sure, she is her own little person and hasn't lost any of her spunk, spark, energy, or sass.  She's a little hoot and we just love our little Tink!!







No comments:

Post a Comment