Monday, November 7, 2011

I may be biased...

I may be biased, but I think Ella is the most wonderful child in the world.  Bold statement you say??  Well, yes...but I'm her mother...I'm suppose to think that.  I think all good parents think their child(ren) is/are the most wonderful in the world.  It comes with the territory of being a mommy and daddy.  When you have a child you watch, praise, savor, and internalize everything your child does.  When I was young, my mom would always tell me she thought that I was the greatest girl in the world.  I'd always say, "Of course you do, you're my mother"...but there is something about this that is so powerful.  You're not always going to be the best, get everything you want, or have it easy...but isn't it REASSURING to know that your parents, and grandparents, think you are the most special thing to happen to this world- EVER?  It builds your confidence and security.  We all think our children are the greatest... hopefully all of us have been made to feel like the greatest by our parents too.  There is nothing like being someone's pride in joy in a world that isn't always so nice. This morning started off at 5:45...with Ella covered in a giant "blow out" of poo poo.  It was everywhere and she went straight into the tub before she even had her bottle.  But, here's the beauty of this...poo covered and all, as her mom and dad (tag teaming clean up duty), we still think she's the greatest thing the world has ever seen.  And that it the magical thing about a parent's love.  It's unconditional and know no bounds and no matter how "yucky" the situation may get...they love you just the same. 


As I thought about it some more, I was reminded that it's like God's love for us (and His is even greater in magnitude...I honestly can't imagine).  He loves you just the same even when your life gets "poo" covered. So no matter what, God's still here to remind you that you're the greatest person in the world and love you unconditionally.  And that gift is priceless.  No one is perfect, but isn't it wonderful to be loved in spite of our imperfections??  I think so.


So enjoy your day!!  I'll be spending mine with the most wonderful girl in the world..in my eyes...a blessing I thank God for each day!!  Hope you are feeling like the most wonderful person in the world today too and know you are loved! :)

2 comments:

  1. that was super sweet:) great open mouth smile too, mine does that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better! So True! :)

    ReplyDelete