Ella is unofficially on the move. Why unofficially you ask? She has yet to crawl forward (which I think most would consider official mobility), but she can scoot backwards around the room and roll to any location she chooses. Areas of choice include, but are not limited to: the fireplace, anywhere with chords, and straight to any dog toy. So, it's time to baby proof!! It's hysterical to watch because she knows that she is not allowed in the fireplace...don't worry it sounds a lot worse than it is...it's not connected for use. She'll scoot slowly towards it (going backwards of course) and I say, "Hey...what are you doing, no, no." At this point she startles, throws her hands up (like I'm the police or something) and acts like she wasn't headed for the fireplace and tries to make a detour--STINKER!!! The problem is that it's hard to make a detour when you can only scoot backwards...so she ends up frantically scooting into the fireplace as she attempts to make a U-turn...priceless! Then there are also the baskets under the coffee table. One has been replaced with her toys....the other still has DVD's and "stuff" in it (large items that she can't choke on of course). She loves to roll over to the coffee table and take out the basket that is not the one with her toys in it (her's is pink...the other is a traditional basket)...she thinks she's being so sly....then I say, "What are you doing?"--she freezes in he tracks again, throws her hands up, and laughs. She really cracks us up!! The look on her face is always unforgettable. I just hope she doesn't laugh when she's a teenager and we're telling her that her curfew is 11:30....but that's a while off, so we'll not think about it for now. We just keep asking...where did our little bitty baby go?? She's more like a little person now with a HUGE personality. We predict she'll be crawling within a couple of weeks. She's almost there, she just can't figure out how to move the hands and legs forward at the same time instead of backwards. So, here's to a new phase: MOBILE ELLA...I'm sure we will have MANY adventures to follow as she becomes an official mover....stay tuned!
 |
| Starting poistion...I was just mad about something but I'm getting over it... |
 |
| Now how do I make this work? |
 |
| Okay, I'll just roll... |
 |
| Sitting....getting into my moving position |
 |
| Scooting backwards... |
 |
| Decided to scoot backwards under my jumperoo! |
 |
| Mommy caught me in the basket but I don't know it...yet... |
 |
| Oh, shoot...guilty! |
 |
| Thinking so hard, I've got my tongue out...I can do this... |
 |
| Trying to stand--don't get too far ahead of yourself, Ella!! |
 |
| Okay, just going to scoot backwards for now! |
 |
| Full crawling position...any day now I'll be a crawler! |
No comments:
Post a Comment