
I have to admit that my blogging has been sporadic at best since we moved. Sifting through all we've been doing lately seems overwhelming almost like where do I begin?? If I were to recap the whole summer, you'd be sitting here still reading this blog into tonight. The cliff notes go something like this: We've spent a wonderful summer with family and friends acclimating ourselves to life in Georgia. Our life in Texas was much more laid back, so being on the go has been fabulous, but exhausting. Ella is turning into a little person rather than a baby right before our eyes. Her personality continues to grow and she's a real trip! She crawls EVERYWHERE now.
A really special highlight from the summer was the first time she crawled (Saturday, August 20th). Brent was home and my brother, Jason, and his girlfriend, Elise, were here and we all got to watch it. I love that Brent has been home to see all her major milestones...smiling, rolling over, crawling. I love that we watched those things together. And, having Jason and Elise here was the icing on the cake. I am blown away by how wonderful Uncle Jason is with Ella...he's so proud of her. He loves her so much and she loves him too. He'll even change dirty diapers!! If that's not Uncle love, then I don't know what is!! Elise is great with her too and Ella loves when they visit.

So, since her initial crawl, Ella has been on the move. I'll put her on the rug and next thing I know she's rounding the breakfast bar headed into the kitchen. She is more and more fun everyday. She loves to babble and we hear lots of ma's, da's, pa's, ba's, and of course her patented "hi"...she really says "hi"!! Not sure if it's deliberate, but we'd like to think so. She certainly always uses it in the right context. She even appears to be trying to wave, while she says hi. It's so cute, when she waves she's not quite sure how to hold her hand, so it looks like she's wiggling a claw in the air or something...lol! She's also pulling up...I tell you, she has some strong legs!!
Time is flying. I really can't believe she's almost 9 months old. We love her more and more each day that passes. She makes us laugh and brings us so much joy. Yes, Miss Ella is still as assertive as ever. She didn't outgrown the "I want my way" personality trait when the colic went away. Let's just say, I think Ella will stand up for herself in life as she continues to be "spirited":) She is truly a blessing. I find myself stopping multiple times a day and looking at her while she goes about her day and thanking the good Lord for this amazing little person. I think we won the lottery the day God chose Ella Grace to be our little girl.
I'll try to blog more often. Just needed a good catch up post...something to get me motivated to be back to my blogging self. Stay tuned!
 |
| Up to mischief! Look at the Elvis lip! |
 |
| Reading with Daddy! |
 |
| Fun with Mimi!! |
 |
| Listening to a band and eating dinner Downtown |
 |
| Yeah, my bow is as big as me! |
 |
| Jason and Uncle Jason after she crawled! |
 |
Can you tell my dad's a dentist...I'm
already brushing my teeth!! |
 |
| My favorite time of the day!! |
 |
| Just reading my book |
 |
| Now I'm going to eat my book... |
 |
| Off to crawl around... |
 |
Love this picture...she looks like she is
modeling the Baby Einstein fish mobile!
I'd buy it from her!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment