I still remember like it was yesterday, going to the hospital with my dad to meet my baby brother, Jason--I was four months away from my fifth birthday. My dad had done my hair that day, so my pigtails were cockeyed. I spilled my milk at McDonald's during our breakfast. I bought my mom a Precious Moments "Brother and Sister" figurine. Then, I met my little brother, Jason. I remember thinking he was so cute and tiny. I was excited. I also remember being slightly jealous...after all, I had been an only child for nearly five years!
As time went on, all that jealousy faded and I loved my little brother to death! Still do! Being nearly 5 years older, I always felt like a mom-sister combo...I had to protect my little Jay. But, Jason isn't so tiny anymore. Standing just over 6'4" he certainly towers over me; but he'll always be my little bro. Last Saturday, he graduated from Georgia Southern University. Even though things have gotten hectic here with the impending move and Brent finishing up, we decided that we'd really like to go. Brent, Ella and I all got to be there to celebrate his accomplishment. The graduation ceremony was very nice, but very HOT!! We actually got a spot on the lawn under the score board and could see him clearly the entire graduation. My mom, my dad, and the three of us were all there to cheer him on on his special day. This was a milestone for our family because it is the first time that all of us have "co-existed" at the same time since my parents separation/divorce over five years ago. It was really nice that Ella got to spend time with her Uncle, Grandpa, and Nana. That will always be a special memory for us!
It was a lovely day marked by a lovely lunch in Savannah. We all spent time together laughing and reminiscing about the past. I realized that time goes SO FAST. In the blink of an eye, we will be sitting at Ella's college graduation and will be remembering the first time we held her as a tiny 5 lb 15 oz baby. We are proud of Jason and know his future will be bright. That night, Brent and I went out with Jason and his on/off girlfriend, Elise who also graduated too. We had a blast. The two of them are so fun and it was great to celebrate the happy occasion with them. Don't worry, Nana kept Ella...she was thrilled to get to spend time her. All in all it was a fabulous day.
The next day, we ate a nice breakfast with my dad. Then, Brent and I went on a house hunt for a rental home in Savannah. We were very grateful to be able to look while Nana kept Ella. I think both of them had a wonderful time. Nana said she got lots of smiles. Ella's smiles are the best...she can make your day with that sweet smile.
Here's the good news!! We found an awesome home to rent....newly renovated down to the studs! Everything is brand new and updated. We feel so fortunate and thankful. We even gave Neely Saturday...the awesome realtor who brought us to the home...a big hug at the end. We were so relieved because ALL the rental homes we had seen up until that point were just NASTY and really expensive. But, it all worked out in the end thanks to Neely (and our friend Carey who set us up with her). We are so lucky to know such great people in Savannah.
What a jam packed weekend! We had a wonderful time and accomplished a lot.
Happy Graduation...to my wonderful brother aka. Uncle Jay! We love you! You are officially a grown-up.
 |
| Ella sleeping on the plane |
 |
| Ella and Grandpa |
 |
| Jason and Elise |
 |
| The Graduates! |
 |
| Family Pic! |
 |
| Love this pic! |
 |
| Uncle Jay and Ella...not her best smiley face!! |
 |
| Yawning...It's been a long day! |
 |
| Smiling!! |
 |
| Ella and Uncle Jay....there's the smile!! |
 |
| Posing...I can almost sit up now!!! |
Congrats, Jason!! What special pictures and memories!! I love this entry:). Congrats on finding a home!! xoxo
ReplyDelete