It seems like only yesterday, we were loading up to come to Dallas. Brent, my mom, and I were standing in the middle of the street in the dark. It was a very unorganized and stressful moving week...the POD was full and the remainder of our belongings were lined up on the side of the road. We had to have everything out of our house by 9:00 p.m. so the new owner could take occupancy. I was crying. Brent was telling me to calm down. Thank the good Lord for Laurin, Brent's cousin in-law. His family owned a storage warehouse in Augusta. He and Brent spent the remainder of the night transporting the remaining items there until we could get a u-haul. That was two years ago. Wow!! It's so crazy to think that time has gone by that quickly. We have been busy, busy, busy preparing for our next move--it's only 25 days away now!
Before I reflect on the future...I need to back up a couple of weeks. Brent graduated from his residency program on May 20th!! He is officially a Pediatric Dentist!!!!! Baylor's graduation comes a month before he is actually finished with his clinic work...so he has four weeks of residency left. I always marvel at the amount of schooling Brent has completed. He has been a student for 23 years!! That's a lot of schooling. The graduation was a wonderful day. It was held in the Dallas Symphony Hall which was really gorgeous! Brent's parents came in town for the graduation to celebrate his achievement. I know he was very happy that they were there to share in his joy. They have been very supportive throughout dental school and residency; we are very grateful for them! I think it is an understatement to say that we are all PROUD of him. He has worked unceasingly to achieve his goals and has done so with integrity and dedication. He believes in his career choice and believes in providing quality care to ALL children. What strikes me most about him is his desire to help others. From the beginning of this process, he has said that he wants to serve children in need. He has been fortunate enough to find a practice that also shares this same philosophy. He has compassion for children and loves what he does. He certainly isn't in it for the money...it's all about passion for him. This is one of the characteristics I admire most about him.
We had a lovely lunch after graduation followed by a little shopping for Ella. She got some adorable outfits at Baby GAP from her grandparents! Then, we headed home to hang out. Of course, Ella provided most of the entertainment--her Mimi and Papa never put her down! The following day, they kept Ella while Brent and I headed out to the outlet to buy some "professional" work clothes. He hated to the spend the money, but I convinced him that he needed proper attire for his "first grown-up job" that starts in July (that's what we jokingly call it). I was proud of him....he HATES shopping with a passion...but, he took the time to try everything on and picked out some really nice items. It was a very productive trip!
We spent the remainder of the trip enjoying quality family time and fun. Ella was showered with attention from her Mimi and Papa and took some adorable pictures too! Everyone loved her sweet smiles and "talking"---she's been trying to see how LOUD she can babble lately. Trust me...it's LOUD!!
I think Brent is glad that his fourth and final graduation is over. I know he has loved his time at Baylor and is appreciative of the quality training he has received there. At dinner last night, he told me that he was so happy that we came to Dallas. I am too. It's been a wonderful journey! I can't imagine what our lives would be like if we hadn't had this experience...time certainly flies when you're having fun. Now, on to the next chapter.
A heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to Brent on his graduation. We love you so much and are proud of all you've accomplished! I can't wait to see what the next chapter holds. In the words of Semi-Sonic's, "Closing Time" (remember that song???)... "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." We certainly look forward to what's to come!
 |
| Ella was proud of her daddy!! |
 |
| Yay Brent!! |
 |
Family Pic-- Ella was too distracted
to look at the camera!! |
 |
| Everyone!! |
 |
| Sheela, Brent, and Katie! |
 |
| Charmaine, Elham, Leslie, Sheela, Brent |
 |
| The Stage |
 |
| LOVE THIS PIC!! |
 |
| Ella and Mimi! |
 |
| All smiles with Papa! |
No comments:
Post a Comment