Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Phony Bologna

I think we've got a future Academy Award winner on our hands!  At the rate Ella is going, she will most certainly take the Oscar for Best Lead Actress in a Drama.  LOL!!  Why do I say this...well...at about 3 months old she started a new thing.  It's basically a fake cry (no tears involved) that she does when she wants something. It sounds so phony...almost like a sheep yelling. For example, she doesn't want to be in her jumperoo anymore...fake cry...she doesn't want to be in her swing anymore...fake cry...she doesn't want to practice sitting up anymore...fake cry.  Girlfriend has got it down to a science.  As soon as you pick her up or she gets what she wants...she's good as gold and smiling.  I tell you what...she is a character.

So here's a recent scenario...Ella was placed in her swing for all of 5 minutes so I could run do laundry.  I'm in the laundry room and I hear her "fake" cries.  I quietly snuck back into the room where she was in the swing to secretly watch her antics.  HILARIOUS.  She was looking around, trying to get someone to come...using her fake cry.  She wasn't even upset...it was all an act.  So, I decided to test my theory further.  I walked into the room...she saw me and amped up the "phony" crying.  Once I picked her up...she smiled with great pleasure.  She had tricked mommy...or so she thought.  We have decided from this incident and many others like it that we need to call her bluff and not let her get away with using her acting skills to get her way!!  Wish us luck...she's good--remember Oscar Worthy!!

We are trying to capture this all on video...but it's hard because you have to stay hidden and tape at the same time. I'll post it when we get it!   Anyway, we're convinced she knows exactly what she's doing!  They other day I was on the phone with my mom and Ella pulled a "fake crying" stunt.  My mom was like, "Oh my gosh...that sounds so fake and demanding."  We know!!  Our Ella is one of a kind...loaded with personality.  We can only wonder...what will the teenage years be like??  For now, we can laugh about it, but we'll have to make sure she channels her dramatics in a positive way as she gets older.  Today, the Oscar goes to...Miss Ella Grace Herrin...for her daily episodes of phony bologna crying.

See pictures from her performances below!
Don't want to be on my tummy...fake cry

That is not a tear you see...it is slobber she wiped on her eye by accident.
It certainly did add to the dramatic effect!!

My pout face...which often accompanies the fake cry

We are done with pictures....fake cry

Time to leave the Arboretum...fake cry

No comments:

Post a Comment