Thursday, February 27, 2014

Handprints

Today was quite a day.  There wasn't one big event that made it horrible or anything,  but our household was  definitely off kilter.  From demands, to tantrums, to overall grumpiness, it was a day that by 6 o'clock I was staring down the clock ready for the girls to go to bed.  Brent had a business dinner tonight and didn't get home until well past  the girls' bedtime.  I guess my mom could sense my need for back-up and (thankfully) she came over to help which I was extremely grateful for.  But like I said, it was one of those days that even with two people it was still a challenge. When the girls fell asleep by 7, I was relieved.

I went about my nightly chores and end of the day tasks and when I came upstairs, I found these.  Two precious, little handprints on my mirror.



And then I remembered this.  My preschool teacher had helped us make handprints to put with this poem when I was just a toddler and my Mom had always kept my piece of artwork it in her room.


And then I cried.  Not because my day had been rough, but because these words are so true.  Time moves so quickly and these little hand and fingerprints will surely fade fast.  God, grant me the patience and love to remember this on the good days and bad days.  Thank the good Lord for these girls and for these sweet little handprints.  What a blessing it is to be a mommy.

 And just like that my day that felt totally crummy turned into an instant reminder of how fortunate I am.  God is good like that.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Hang in there. You are doing a great job. We all have days like that.

    ReplyDelete