Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ava Jane and the Crib: Part II

I am happy to say that order has been restored in the Herrin House and Ava Jane is still confined to her crib.  Last time I checked-in with the blog she was climbing out of her crib at a terrifying speed and we were having to re-vamp our bedtime plans for Ava Jane.  I got some great feedback from lots of awesome friends via my social-media sounding board known as Facebook about what to do with the little escape artist.  Through the ordeal, Brent and I remained in agreement of one fact-- Ava Jane is too wild left to her own devises to be "loose" in her room.  She's so inquisitive, driven, and ambitious that I was continually picturing her room with a toddler bed that was empty because she was on top of her dresser dancing.  Seriously...that is the vision I had.  Then...my mom had an idea...a really WONDERFUL idea...

Move the mattress to the floor inside of the crib.  It was genius!  And guess what??   It worked.  Ava Jane is still in her prison cell crib where we know she will be safe and sound.  She cannot get out with the mattress on the floor.  Here is the moment she realized she wasn't getting out again with her new set-up...


This went on for a good 15 minutes.  Then she gave up and went to sleep.  She doesn't try to climb out anymore.  And we are not constantly worried about her safety.  We will move her to a big girl bed at 2.  Until then, she will be snug as a bug with her mattress on the floor.  Hallelujah! What a relief...this had me totally stressed.  

And one last thing...I know I've been talking a lot about her shenanigans lately but I'd be totally amiss, if I didn't point out that while Ava Jane has her moments-- she is extremely sweet and loving and is such a giver of joy.  Here she is at bedtime...after she accepted that she was going to be confined to her crib once more...putting her baby to bed.  She even had a whole nighttime routine!  Love this little girl so much and her spunky-sweet little self.  She really is so loving and blesses us everyday.  So glad things have returned to normal!  Thanks Nana for the great idea-- I promise I won't tell Ava Jane you were the one that thought of it! 
Feeding the baby...


I'll try a sip...

Let's brush your teeth...say aaahhhh

getting in bed...


In the words of Ava Jane...Night, night...night, night!










No comments:

Post a Comment