Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ella's Farwell to Savannah

Ella made her big move from Savannah yesterday.  She began the first leg of her journey up to Roswell with a stop at Mimi and Papa's.  I met Julie half way between Savannah and Dublin in Metter, GA to drop Ella off...I think the town slogan goes..."Everything is Bettter in Metter"...this always makes me laugh for some reason.  She will be in Dublin until Friday and is excited to get to spend some time with Mimi and Papa.  Brent and I are grateful to have this time to pack minus our little toddler that is into everything :)  But, we'll miss her of course!

LOVE how happy she is here...don't worry, she
wasn't overheated...her fair skin just turns red
really fast...we had lots of water!
Ella's last day in Savannah was pretty much like any other day.  We woke up around 7:00, I made her eggs and bacon for breakfast, she watched the Wiggles, we read books, went to the park, ate lunch, she took a two hour nap, watched Baby Einstein, went outside to greet Daddy, ate dinner, Brent gave her a bath, we read her stories, and I rocked her to sleep.  Pretty much our average day.  But, it felt so strange knowing that this was the last time we would do all these things together in Savannah.  Since we have lived here, Ella has evolved into a little person rather than a baby.  She is communicating, acting silly, giving sweet hugs, and really enjoying her world!  I know she will never remember the time we've spent together here, BUT I always will.  This will be the only time we will ever get to spend exploring a new place just the two of us (when Brent is at work).  She's been my little buddy and I'm so grateful that I've been able to be at home to share these precious memories with her.  A lot will change for all of us in July and I really want to make sure that we make the most of our sweet family of 3 (well family of 6 if you count the pets) before we welcome Baby Girl in July!!

So, Ella has moved out and is off to start this new adventure.  I'm here packing...and packing...and packing.  The house is so quiet.  I often forgot what true silence sounds like, but it's so peaceful.  I've even been keeping the TV off just to enjoy the absence of sound!  I will miss my Bells over the next couple of days, but am oh so happy for a little break.  Plus, what fun would it be for her to be here while we pack, have movers in, etc.?  She'll have a much better time in Dublin!

As she was leaving the house yesterday, I felt like she almost knew it was over.  She stood in the doorway saying..."BYE, BYE, BYE" and waving to the house.  It was really sweet.  So, Ella has said her good-bye to Savannah.  I say mine on Friday and Brent says his the following Friday.  This is really happening..it's so hard to believe!  Herrin Life...Take #4...Destination Suburban Atlanta!  Praying this is our final destination!  Enjoy the pics from Ella's last day in Savannah!

Breakfast time!

It wouldn't be a proper morning at our house without
reading Each Peach Pear Plum...atleast twice!

Her favorite part...the page with the "titty"

I LOVE to READ!

Scoping out the park scene...I'm not quite sure yet...

Ella: "Oh, hey!  Do you like mulch too?"
Little Boy: "I sure do!"

I guess the mulch was more fun than the
playground equipment??
Loving the slide!

This spinning thing isn't really for me!

"Hmmm...where can I go next?"


Oh yay, prickly gumballs

Here's one for you, mommy!


Water Break!

Ella: "I want your water bottle...it's bigger than mine"
Little Boy: "I'm going to hold on to mine...I don't like pink."



Watching the Wiggles dee before she
heads out to Dublin...she gets the serious
TV face from her Daddy!

Okay...Let's go...I'm ready!

Seriously...I'm at the door waiting...
It's time to head out...BYE, BYE
Savannah!











No comments:

Post a Comment