Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter in St. Simons!

"This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life." ~ 1 John 2:25

Love this pic!
Happy Easter-- He is risen!! On Friday afternoon we headed to St. Simons Island to meet Mimi and Papa for Easter.  Brent's parents bought a fabulous condo there about a year ago and we were very excited to spend a relaxing Easter at the beach.  It's been close to 90 degrees here in Savannah and we were looking forward to some pool and beach time.  I even bought a maternity suit...I swear it's like a moo-moo, but didn't think anyone would appreciate me rocking a teeny bikini in my current state...so the purchase had to be made.  Unfortunately...a cold front decided to make it's way in on Thursday so it wasn't really beach weather in SSI.  BUT, that didn't stop us from having lots of fun.  Between Dr. Jean dance parties, indoor easter egg hunts, delicious food, an amazing ride on Eddie and Julie's boat (it was Ella's first time on a boat!!), outlet shopping at Bailey Boys, a photo session on the beach, AND WONDERFUL company....we had a blast!

Group shot!  Yay!
This was a much needed break for Brent and me.  I adore St. Simons, but it seemed even more beautiful and relaxing this time around because we truly needed a little pause from reality.  Brent and I even squeezed in a dinner date and got a chance to have some adult conversation minus Bells.  We really appreciate Julie and Eddie taking over childcare for us this weekend so we could just relax!  I don't think they minded...they love Ella so much they are always happy to care for her!  I tried to take lots of pictures this weekend.  What precious memories to document.  Time goes so fast that I want to make sure we capture everything!

Ella was so much fun this Easter!  She had a blast putting the eggs in the basket and even took a couple of seconds to look through her Easter basket this year.  She LOVED the ocean and the sea breeze and I can't wait to take her back to the beach for a longer trip.  This age is awesome.  I have loved every stage, but I enjoy the toddler one the best.  She is saying words, she understands everything, and loves to be silly.  Her personality really shines through in these Easter pictures.  What a little blessing!!

We had such a special Easter weekend.  Ella loves spending time with Mimi and Papa and plays with them all day until bedtime.  She is a lucky little girl to have SO much love.  It always fills my heart with joy to know what a LOVED little girl she is by so many.

It's hard to believe that next Easter we will  have two little girls...Ella will be 2 yrs old and Baby #2 will already be 9 months old!  We so look forward to all the fun to come and feel thankful for the many blessings in our life.  And most importantly, we are thankful that Jesus died for our sins and that we know that salvation is an eternal gift because of his sacrifice!  Happy Easter...Hope you enjoy the pictures of our trip!

Saturday morning dance party to Dr. Jean...dance parties
have changed a lot since college!

Ella and and Papa watching Mimi dance to "Tooty-Ta"


Ella loved the eggs...but also tried to eat them
Can we say SAFETY HAZARD...we had a little
choking scare...lesson learned

Egg hunt in the family room





I love being down and free!

Another photo?  Come on mommy I just want to play!

Well...we tried to get a family photo..between my outrageous
hair and Ella's antics...It wasn't our best...but Brent looked good!


Mimi, Ella, and Papa at The Pier...Ella is watching the seagulls







First BOAT RIDE in Papa's Boat!!

Daddy-Daughter boat pic

About to set sail

Look at that, Mimi!



Captain and First Mate...Eddie is a great boat captain


Out at sea

Check out my windblown look!


Easter basket

Oh, that basket is for me...let me wake up a minute!

Yes...more Little People characters...





A breezy beach photo shoot.  Mom needs
to work on where to stand to not get
shadows!


This breeze is strong!!



Sweet!















2 comments:

  1. Kris!! Amazing pictures!! So glad y'all enjoyed such a wonderful Easter!! Ella is so precious and lovable, and you look awesome! Loving that maxi skirt and adorable baby bump! You look so healthy and radiant!! XO, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cris! Hope you had a great Easter to. It was hard for me to post some of these pics b/c I have never been this big before...even when Ella was born. I had a few pounds to lose before I got pregnant and the weight seems to be packing on very easily! I figured I'll just embrace the way I look now and accept it, but lose weight ASAP once this baby arrives!! But, thank you for your sweet words!! Can't wait to see you soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete