It's hard to believe fall is almost over and winter is upon us! What a busy few months it's been. The girls have been sick on and off for the last month, so that's put a big damper on the things we had anticipated to do this fall. Fortunately, we were able to squeeze in some fun despite being sick and have enjoyed lots of time with our sweet girls. Halloween was the main event of fall for Ella. She LOVES trick-or-treating and (shall I whisper it so Brent doesn't hear?) candy so it's pretty much like her favorite celebration. Our neighborhood had a great little pre-party with pizza and a costume contest and then everyone headed out to trick-or-treat. Both girls had been sick so that was definitely a downer. Ella rallied for the occasion and gave it 110%. Ava Jane on the other hand was less than enthusiastic. In fact, she wouldn't even wear the costume she was suppose to wear. She was suppose to be a teddy bear (the same thing Ella was last year), but she went ballistic screaming and crying and wouldn't stop so we had to take it off. Which I was SO bummed because she looked SO cute. Ella suggested Ava J wear the cowgirl custom I had bought for $10 to play dress-up in. I took Ella's suggestion and Ava Jane did wear that costume. But, I must admit, she did look pretty comical. Especially with her tiny bald head in a large white hat. Oh well, it will be another memory for the books. Ella, however, was all about dressing up and was adamant about being a kitty cat. She was the cutest cat ever and loved every second of it. She would even put up her hand like a cat paw and say meow (examples are provided in the pics below). Sweet girl must have gone to 20 houses before she tuckered out. Ava Jane only made it to the party. Luckily Nana came to see the girls in their costumes and help us out and she was able to take Jane home while we trick-or-treated with Bells. That was very fortunate for us because Ava Jane would not have enjoyed the experience that night. She was too tired and still feeling not her best. Brent and I had a blast taking Ella around and got to spend some time with our sweet neighbors too. I love that our neighborhood is so kid friendly and made Halloween so fun. It was a great night!
The rest of fall has been kind of hit or miss. Some days the girls have been sick. Other days we're able to enjoy the nice weather. Ella moved to a big girl bed which is actually my daybed from when I was a little girl. It was slightly (well very) emotional for me. She on the other hand was VERY excited...little Miss Independent. She's just growing up so fast-- she'll be 3 in less than a month!!
We're hopeful that everyone is finally well and feeling good as we head into the holiday season. The girls are growing closer and closer each day. They are the BEST of friends which makes my heart overflow with joy. We are just SO blessed by both of them. Life is good and so much fun I just couldn't be more grateful for being fortunate enough to be their Mommy and Brent's wife. Hope fall is finding you healthy, happy, and blessed! Enjoy some pictures of Halloween and other random occasions when the girls were well enough to have some fun. And try not to judge us for the bottle Ava J is holding in a couple of the pics. I know she is way too old for a bottle-- but it's been a tough transition for her. We've given ourselves 18 months as the final deadline-- she's down to 2 bottles a day. I just had to make that disclaimer!! And yes-- it is a picture overload!!
























































































No comments:
Post a Comment