Thursday, September 26, 2013

Once a week...

September brought a little change around here.  Ella goes to school two days a week and Ava Jane goes to school once a week.  That means that once a week I have THREE whole hours to myself!! Let me say that one more time...THREE whole hours to myself!!!!  On those mornings I grab Starbucks-- a grande white chocolate mocha and a cinnamon swirl coffee cake (yes, one of my guilty pleasures that I really don't feel that guilty about-- I guess that makes it not a guilty pleasure then??) and head home to the silence of our house.  Once I am in my house that movie theater screen always pops into my head, you know the one before the movie starts-- "Silence is Golden."  Yes, AMC, sometimes silence is golden.  I realized the other day that must have been created by a parent of toddlers-- and it certainly is applicable to more than just the movie theater!

When I get in the door I am promptly met with cheerios everywhere, pajamas scattered about, and all the other evidence of the amount of determination it takes to get both girls ready and on time for a morning at school.  And in that moment, I feel kind of like I accomplished something getting them there and making it home for some me time-- I know it sounds ridiculous-- but it's true.   I can do housework, prepare dinner, work-out, shower (like a real shower-- not just a 5 minute one), blog, or just sit for a few minutes in silence and it is GREAT!!! Even doing laundry seems relaxing without little ones around!!

Please don't get me wrong-- I ADORE my kiddos-- I love the hustle and bustle, the laughter, and the vibrant sounds of childhood-- but every parent needs a break-- and once a week I get mine!!  So cheers to Starbucks, and kicking my feet up for a second, and taking a real deal shower today!!  I'm thankful my children have an amazing place to go to school while this Mama gets a little break once a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment