Thursday, April 11, 2013

Paparazzi Mom

Sweet Sisters!  Love this! {Lauren Drummond}

Our Family...loving the brick! {Christy Parry}

I have a confession-- well more like a statement since it's already very obvious-- I am a paparazzi mom! I adore pictures and capturing every moment possible in the life of our family.  The girls grow so incredibly quickly I feel like I don't want to miss something that reminds me of who they are at a particular moment in time.  So, I take pictures...thousands of them.  Our laptop is loaded with pictures that journal our everyday life-- I just uploaded close to 2,500 from my iPhone to computer just the other day.  You're thinking to yourself-- thank goodness she has an inkling of restraint not to post ALL her photos on FB!  Yes-- I do have a little restraint...just a little!  Pictures are a snap shot into a moment we'll never have back.  It captures us and who we are, who we were, and gives a memory tangibility.  I know I will be happy when the girls are grown, that I was a paparazzi mom and will look back on these precious moments with great fondness.

In addition to my personal snap shots, while the girls are babies, we get professional photos every three months.  You're probably thinking-- that's really expensive.  Yes and no.  Truthfully, for the most part, the photographers we use are amazing and reasonable.  The way I look at it is, I can buy a new outfit or I can get pictures taken that we will have forever.  For me, the pictures always win.  Brent doesn't share my same sentiment about professional photos because with two little ones it can be kind of overwhelming getting everyone to pose and participate.  You see, to get the beautiful images everyone else sees we have to go through Ella following her own agenda and wanting to do her own thing.  The photographers snap photos in seconds and actually make it look like she is an active participant.  There are happy moments, there are stressful moments,  but hey, she's only 2-- what do you expect!

Last week we were fortunate enough to have two photo sessions with my two favorite photographers.  Lauren Drummond shot GORGEOUS photos of the girls at Woolford Gardens in Atlanta.  The girls did an amazing job participating and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results.  Such treasured memories and beautiful photos-- she is so talented!  The following weekend, we headed to the Roswell Mill to have some family photos taken there with Christy Parry.  Christy is currently living in London and when I saw on FB she would be home a few weeks in April, I immediately signed up to do a family session.  I never know when she will be back again so this was truly a treat!  She captured beautiful family photos of us that highlighted the essence of spring in GA.  I love her photography perspective and am happy we were able to get in a photo shoot with her too.  Both ladies are incredible and I would recommend both-- obviously I'm a huge fan of both since I had them both take pictures days apart!!  I have posted Christy's on Facebook already and cannot wait to upload Lauren's today!  A HUGE thanks to both ladies for being so amazing.  I LOVE the artistry of their photos and value their unique photographer's eye!

So that is why your FB feed has been flooded with photos of our family! I will also upload more pictures onto the blog when I have time. Happy Spring from our family to yours.
Love,
Paparazzi Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment