Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Haircut that didn't go as planned...


So...I was going to work on blog posts about the holidays, Ella's birthday, etc, but something came up that moved to a higher priority. This matter is Ella's new hairdo. Sigh. I had been growing it out in hopes that she would allow me to put it in a ponytail or, better yet, pigtails!! Her bangs had slowly grown into her eyes and she was do for a small trim. Ella spent Thursday night with Nana after she had asked to go to Nana's house...she loves to spend one-on-one time with my Mom. This was a HUGE help as both girls had been sick all week and we had gotten little sleep. In the morning, my Mom called and asked if I wanted her to run Ella by the hair place for just a trim. I was relieved she was offering because it had been a long week and it was easier to have my mom take her than having to take both girls out. My Mom took her to the same place and she got the same haircutter as last time...but this haircut turned out much different.  Ella got a trim alright..more like a total chop. Apparently the lady didn't quite understand what "just a little trim" meant which was what my Mom told her she wanted. Ella was returned to me with a 1980's "page boy" hairstyle. Yikes! I think my mom was a little worried about my response...but what could I do?!

I love to post pictures on Facebook, as you know, so I had to clarify that this was not the cut I intended Ella to get. The bangs are uneven and jagged and it goes down just past her ears and I think one side is longer than the other. Brent says her haircut looks like Demi Moore's in Ghost. I almost lost it I laughed so hard when he said it because it really does!! But the good news is that it will grow. Ella's still happy and healthy. And she's not old enough to realize the hair cut lady totally botched the job. So, when you see me post pictures, I didn't ask for her hair to be cut that way...it just sort of happened! On the bright side, maybe by the time it grows out she'll be willing to wear it in pigtails. Don't get me wrong, I think she's as precious as ever...her hair is just a little unique!





No comments:

Post a Comment