Monday, July 25, 2011

I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas

Ella LOVES solid foods.  She's loving everything from apples and bananas to squash to avocado.  You name it and she likes it.  Except for peas...she does not like the smashed peas.  Can't say we blame her, they aren't very appetizing!  I do morning oatmeal for breakfast with Ella and Brent does dinner.  It's really cute, Brent gets home around 5:30 and gets cleaned up from his day.  Then, he heads to the kitchen to "fix" Ella's dinner.  He picks out what she'll have each night and gets it all set up.  She loves dinner time with Daddy and they have so much fun.  He's SO good with her.  You can see her eyes light up when he gets home because she knows it's time to have some fun.  I love that they spend that special Daddy-Ella time together.  She sees me all day and I think it is so important for them to have special just the two of them rituals.    She also eats rice one last time before she goes to bed...she just started liking her rice cereal this weekend.  Brent feeds her this too! As you can see, Ella is a hearty little eater and we are enjoying watching her discover the world of food!!

 I thought that I needed to pay tribute to Ella's favorite past time...so I wrote this little poem:

AN ODE TO SQUASH
It's time to eat, I can't wait
Put some squash on my plate

I see my food and scream with glee
Then I open my mouth as wide as can be

I lean in quick to take a bite
Watch me chew with delight


I want more food-- now you see
I pound the highchair...MORE FOR ME!

It's on my face and between my toes
In my hair and on my nose

But, I don't care that I'm a mess
This squash souffle is the best

                                                                  I'll eat and eat until my belly gets round
                                                                 You better believe I just chowed down!

First time eating rice-- 6 months


Even while we were moving, Daddy still fed me my dinner
like he does every night!



In true Ella fashion...taking charge of the
make-shift spoon.  The baby spoons
were packed, but the plastic worked just fine!



Yeah, I'm messy!

These carrots are great!

All done...check out my stain...now we feed in only a diaper
and a bib.







1 comment:

  1. I love this post! What a doll - lucky little girl to have you both as parents! The poem was the best part:)!

    ReplyDelete